Grace Church seeks to reflect Christ’s love by reaching out to others with compassion, mercy and justice.
- Fed with Grace is a food pantry that operates in partnership with the greater Chicago Food Depository. The pantry is open from 10 am to 12 pm every Saturday and serves neighbors from Kedzie to Pulaski and Irving Park to Lawrence. Neighbors can shop for food once per month. Bread donations from Panera are offered weekly.
- North Side Family Support Network (NSFSN) provides assistance to families with undocumented individuals, particularly those facing deportation. In partnership with the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights, NSFSN educates immigrants about their rights, provides referrals and resources in an emergency and advocates for lasting reform with the public and government. To learn more or get involved, contact the church office.
- Tutoring Program volunteers provide homework assistance and academic support for children and teens in the neighborhood. The tutoring program meets Saturdays from 10 am to 12 pm during the school year at the Nina Larson Ministry House, 4159 N. Monticello. Contact the church office to register or volunteer.
- Outreach and Engagement Group Interested in outreach to the community and beyond? The outreach and engagement group meets regularly to discuss involvement in our neighborhood, city and world. Contact the church office for a meeting schedule.
- Love Mercy, Do Justice
- Chris and Jenny Hoskins
- Looking for the Ministry Team Trip info?
- Karl and Sue Peterson
- Francisco and Stephanie Ramos
- Jared and Hannah Baker
- Covenant World Relief
- Covenant Missions
Team Trip to Ecuador – July 2017
We are excited to announce that Grace Evangelical Covenant Church will be taking an intergenerational team to Manta, Ecuador in the summer of 2017 (July 1-8)! We are looking for people of all ages who would like to grow deeper in their relationships with one another and with God by spreading His love through serving alongside our partners in Ecuador. Our primary goal is to build long-term relationships with one another and with our brothers and sisters in Ecuador. Although the particular ministry that we will be engaging in has not yet been determined, some areas of focus are: a mentor program for youth, children’s programs, workshops, and leadership workshops. If possible, we will also be staying with local families in their homes so that we can better focus on relationship-building and cross-cultural exchange.
We would love for you to be involved!!
There are several ways that you can be involved, including the following:
- Apply to go to Ecuador with the team
- We will be selecting a team of approximately 15 volunteers to travel to Ecuador on the intergenerational team. All ages are welcome (children are required to be accompanied by a responsible adult). Please complete the online application by October 31.
- Participation would require a willingness to serve and an ability to live in environments that may be outside of one’s comfort zone with families from a culture that may be different from one’s own. This may include eating foods that you are unfamiliar with, experiencing language barriers, and having different expectations regarding hygiene practices, privacy, and comfort.
- In-country expenses will be approximately $550-600, and we ask that you budget approximately $1,000 for airfare. Fundraising opportunities/assistance will be available and will be announced at a later date.
- Become a part of the prayer and support team
- Paul de Neui will be leading a book study and prayer and support team. This group will meet to: 1) grow in their awareness of our partnership with the Ecuadorian church, 2) pray for the people of Ecuador and for the team being sent from Grace, 3) engage in a book-study that focuses on increasing cross-cultural awareness, and 4) continue engagement with our Ecuadorian church partners after the team has returned from Ecuador.
- Our team, our Ecuadorian partners, and our Missions Committee need your prayers regarding all aspects of the trip from planning, to going, to maintaining relationships following the trip.
- Help fundraise and financially support those who are going with the Intergenerational Team to Ecuador. More information regarding this will be given at a later date.
We’re excited for this opportunity and hope that you can join us in one of these important ways!