“The Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC) is a rapidly growing multi-ethnic denomination in the United States and Canada with ministries on five continents of the world. Founded in 1885 by Swedish immigrants, the ECC values the bible as the word of God, the gift of God’s grace and ever-deepening spiritual life that comes from through faith in Jesus Christ, the importance of extending God’s love and compassion to a hurting world, and the strength that comes from unity in diversity.”
For Covenant people, our essential beliefs are summed up in what we call Covenant affirmations:
- We affirm the centrality of the word of God.
- We affirm the necessity of the new birth.
- We affirm a commitment to the whole mission of the Church.
- We affirm the Church as a fellowship of believers.
- We affirm a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit.
- We affirm the reality of freedom in Christ.
- Evangelical, but not exclusive
- Biblical, but not doctrinaire
- Traditional, but not rigid
- Congregational, but not independent
For more information on the ECC, see the denomination’s website.
We are a member of the Central Conference of the ECC.