We never really graduate from the school of Christian learning. It’s a lifelong learning journey that we’re on, and becoming more like Christ is our goal.
- Small Groups – Christian Formation at Grace is encouraged through small groups. Some groups meet regularly for Bible study and prayer. Others are formed based on shared interests. All are meant to provide a focused opportunity for spiritual growth within community.
- Spiritual Practices – Christian formation happens anywhere and anytime that we open ourselves to the transforming work of the Spirit. So we seek to provide instruction in spiritual practices or disciplines to further encourage openness to growth. There are also special opportunities throughout the year for formation experiences such as prayer retreats and seasonal focuses like Advent and Lent.
- Senior Share – Senior Adults gather together on the first Fridays of each month March through November to share stories, laughter, and wisdom together.
- Sunday School – Time and space are gifts we often take for granted so Grace’s children’s ministry seeks to honor those gifts by setting aside special time and creating sacred space where children can encounter God in worship. In our nursery (ages 0-1) children learn “you are loved.” In our preschool (ages 2-4), children learn “you are special and the story of God is special.” Lower elementary children (K-3rd grade) learn forty key Scripture stories, sweeping from creation through Pentecost, while upper elementary children (4th-6th grade) especially learn “God invites you to live in the mystery of these stories.”
- Service Opportunities – Children also have opportunities to serve others while participating in a church environment that is founded on safety. See our Child Safety Policy to learn the safeguards we use to nurture a fun and free ministry.
- Grace Youth Group (G.Y.G.) is a space where all 7th-12th graders are welcome! Every week we gather together for teaching times, small groups, community, worship, and fun activities. We try our best to be a place that sees, hears, and loves each person well in the name of Jesus Christ and His unlimited Grace for us. At the same time we also try to be a place that challenges each person to live into the unlimited expectation of Jesus Christ to be more and more like Him throughout our lives! We are not perfect at it, but walk together in our craziness!_Please come to a GYG night on any Tuesday night from 7:30-9:15 pm.
- Confirmation is a two-year discipleship journey for Jr. High boys and girls. Students gather after worship on Sundays for lunch and interactive lesson taught by a group of adults including professors, pastors and lay leaders. Students don their thinking caps for a dip into systematic theology. They form Christian community by talking, playing and praying together. Finally, their journeys are affirmed by the church, celebrating the different ways God is at work in each of their lives.
- Covenant Youth Collision Grace Youth Group (G.Y.G.) is also part of Covenant Youth Collision!_Every month we join a dozen or more other churches and their high school students on the north side of Chicago for a BIG monthly event. Our students, if they like, also have an opportunity to join alongside high school students from various churches across the north side for a one-year weekly discipleship program!
- College and graduate students find Grace as their church-home-away-from-home largely through our connection with North Park University and Theological Seminary. Only 1.5 miles from campus, we welcome students into the life of our church in a variety of ways, including internship and ministry opportunities.