Thanks for stopping by our online home. Here’s an introduction.
What We Believe – There are a variety of Christian theologies, ethics and expressions. At Grace, we adhere to a centering set of beliefs instead of a bounded set, agreeing to disagree on non-essentials of the faith.
Non-Negotiables – Our centering set is founded on the Evangelical Covenant Church’s Affirmations.
Relational Covenant – We commit to walk hand-in-hand even when we don’t see eye to eye. Our Relational Covenant guides our interaction with each other.
Grace’s Vision – Grace is an intentional gathering of unfinished people seeking Jesus’ transforming love through biblical truth, genuine worship, and courageous service, and purposely sharing that love throughout our daily lives.
The Church’s Purpose – Rooted in Scripture and led by the Holy Spirit, Grace Evangelical Covenant Church exists to worship God, follow Jesus, and practice community, preparing and encouraging one another to share the Good News, minister to those in need, and seek justice for the oppressed.
Our Shared Values
- Biblical Faithfulness – We receive the Bible as the Word of God, grateful to hear it taught and eager to study it ourselves. We value our community’s reliance on the Bible’s direction and inspiration for our life together and individually.
- Formational Community – We know that one person sharpens another through accountability and encouragement, so we value the kind of life together that helps us to keep becoming more like Jesus at every stage of our lives.
- Spiritual Engagement – We’re conscious that while God is always present, connecting with him through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit brings healing and transformation. So we value our church’s interaction directly with him, whether in worship, learning, service or anything we do.
- Holistic Mission – God isn’t limited to some vague, spiritual sphere, but instead brings about wholeness across the board-spiritual, physical, social, environmental. We value opportunities for Grace to participate in all aspects of God’s work in the world.
- Teamwork – We have individual responsibility to act, but we believe we can be most effective when we plan and act together, so we value collaboration in perceiving and doing the will of God.
- Christian Freedom – We follow one Lord, Jesus Christ, but we don’t march in lockstep. We know that he calls us from various places to various journeys with him. We value the freedom to obediently live Christian lives with authenticity and vulnerability.
How We Work – At Grace, we believe the Holy Spirit works and moves in the midst of his people (the priesthood of all believers), and we value teamwork. So, as a congregation, we discern and decide on important things together. All regular attendees can give voice into Grace’s decision-making process. Voting is the responsibility of the church membership.
Leadership – There are some decisions smaller leadership groups make in accordance with congregational will.
Council – Work centers on discerning mission and goals of the church and adopting strategies and policies to achieve them. Council members exercise executive leadership.
- Chairman – Brian Grant
- Vice Chairman – Ann Boyd
- Treasurer – Gretchen DeNeui
- Secretary – Chris Hagberg
- Member-at-large – Desiree Reed
- Member-at-large – Daniel Quezada
- Member-at-large – Dora Winchester
- Ministry Team Leaders – Ministry Team Leaders guide and direct ministry teams in fulfilling church-wide vision, goals and objectives.
- Worship – Dale Reed
- Christian Formation – Don Dorman
- Outreach & Engagement – Evelmyn Ivens
- Congregational Care & Connection – Terry Marks
- Staff – Staff makes day-to-day operations decisions out of Ministry team leaders’ specific direction.
- Pastor – Rev. Amanda Olson
- Office Manager – Betzy Cisneros
- Children and Adult Ministry Coordinator – Troy Cady
- Interim Youth Ministry Coordinator – Kelly Reed
- Custodian – Marga Muschitz
- Committees – Give direction and oversight for specific administrative areas
- Nominating Committee – Chrissy Garcia, chairman; Ronna Husby; Pastor Mandy (ex officio)
- Facilities Committee – Kim Zimmerman, chairman; Don Olson
- Finance Committee – Gretchen DeNeui, chairwoman and treasurer; Eric Pfeiffelman, financial secretary, income; Dora Winchester, bookkeeper; Betzy Cisneros, office manager, accounts payable/bills)
- Pastoral Relations Committee -Dora Winchester, Rita Ruby, Jon Boyd